The Helion Rock Rider RTR 4WD Electric Rock Racer offers a balance of fun and performance that you can only fully appreciate when you get behind the wheel. This is a car that takes the skillful yet pedestrian art of rock crawling and gives it power. And lots of it! A take-anywhere trail-blazer, mud bogger, hill climber and dust blaster, the Rock Rider is the perfect all-terrain all-rounder for back yard or back country driving.
Pop the clips, lift the body, and beneath you’ll find a purpose designed 4WD powertrain and chassis that’s been thoroughly tested in the full range of off-road conditions and given a qualified seal of approval by Helion test drivers. Here, a mix of high-strength composites, a rugged high-performance 540 motor, all-weather ESC, plus a proven transmission and suspension system, combine to offer traction, speed, and stability when you most need it.
The fact is, Helion has given the Rock Rider an impressive arsenal of carefully considered mechanical weaponry, starting with a solid, 6-link rear axle that offers almost limitless tuning options. Heavy-duty front and rear differentials add to the mix, whilst corner-to-corner aluminum threaded shocks provide easy pre-load adjustment, smooth movement, and consistent handling. Topped with an independent front suspension system and high-grip all-weather tires for ultimate off-road traction, there’s much to admire. With hex bolts throughout, a fully protected spur gear housing and a shock-absorbing sprung servo saver, low maintenance is a priority, too.
Metric Power System
As you’ll be wanting to run your Rock Rider over all manner of surfaces, it is equipped it with a high-performance 21-turn 550-size brushed motor and 40A all-weather ESC. This way, at least, you can be assured of reliable power no matter when or where you drive it.
1800mAh Battery and AC Charger
The Helion 1800mAh 6-cell rechargeable NiMH battery pack and included charger get you going right out of the box and deliver power enough for long run times and a dirt-kicking performance.
Advanced IKONNIK SR2+ Transmitter
Offering a class-leading feature set, the advanced IKONNIK SR2+ 2.4GHz 2-channel sport transmitter offers style, comfort and a solid interference-free performance, courtesy of IKONNIK’s dependable Argon (Ar) protocol. Functions include servo reversing on both channels, steering dual rate, throttle trim, steering trim and a fail-safe option.
- Rear Axle: Scale in appearance and offering the same benefits as a 1:1 Rock Racer, a 6-link rear axle with offset pumpkin offers almost limitless tuning options and improves ground clearance.
- Ready to Run: The Helion Rock Rider is supplied 100% factory assembled and ready to run. Included is a rechargeable 6-cell, 7.2V 1800mAh battery, mains charger and 2-channel 2.4GHz IKONNIK SR2+ radio system with fully proportional steering and throttle control. All you need to complete is 8 ‘AA’ batteries for the transmitter.
- Front Suspension: An independent front suspension system combined with high-grip all-weather tires offers ultimate off-road stability and traction.
- Transmission Cover: To improve reliability, reduce wear and keep you on the off-road for longer, we’ve given the spur gear fully enclosed belt and braces protection.
- Easy Access: Convenient maintenance access to the rear heavy-duty differential is via a scale-effect cover plate that’s secured with four hex bolts.
- Scale Detailing: Realistic off-road style wheels, a spare, a roll cage, a driver and passenger and numerous other details make this the perfect canvas for adding your own scale accessories and making the Rock Rider a true one-off.
Motor: 21T 550 brushed with internal fan
ESC: Metric 40A
Battery: 6-cell 1800mAh NiMH with HCT plug
Gear Pitch: 48P
Wheels: 2.2 with 12mm hex
Length: 501mm (19.72in)
Height: 229mm 9.0in)
Width: 300mm (11.81in)
Wheelbase: 321mm (12.64in)
Weight (approx): 2720g (5.99lb)
Gear ratio: 11.2:1
Pair with: IKONNIK Argon protocol
- Rock Rider 4WD rock racing truck
- 2.4GHz steerwheel transmitter
- 1800mAh 6-cell 7.2V NiMH battery
- Mains charger for 7.2V NiMH battery
Needed to Complete:
- (8) AA-size batteries for transmitter